The selecting of flooring is one of the most important decisions for a homeowner to make up when undertaking a home renovation. While there are many of different options, from carpet to terrazzo, one material is the acknowledged standard is hardwood. Wooden flooring looks best in different rooms of a house can help create the best atmosphere and design an individual desires to capture. Hardwood flooring is a beautiful choice that can be used to create any look ranging from traditional to contemporary. Hardwood floors have gained popularity over the years for their attractiveness and relative ease of maintenance.
Hardwood came in thick planks of solid timber. Today, solid hardwood is still widely available, but many companies also offer engineered flooring—planks made with a thinner top layer of hardwood, bonded to other layers designed to prevent the floor from shifting during expansion and contraction cycles.
Benefits of Hardwood Flooring
- Hardwood floors are easier to keep clean and require less ongoing maintenance than carpeting. Pet hair and dander can be easily removed from a hardwood floor, unlike carpet.
- Hardwood floors are known for being durable, long-lasting and versatile. Current trends show a preference for hardwood floors. Hardwood floors help add value and beauty to your home’s overall worth.
- Hardwood flooring can be used in rustic, traditional, or modern designs. Hardwood’s variety of finishes and assortments provide styling flexibility.
- Our prefinished hardwood floors come with a protective finish that requires very little maintenance. A simple sweeping and an occasional light mopping are all that is needed to keep your hardwood floors looking great for years to come.
- Hardwood floors can last a lifetime. Damage to a hardwood floor can be repaired without having to replace the entire floor.
- Hardwood floors come in styles and colors that are considered timeless. Accessorizing your floors to your style and taste is as simple as changing an area rug.